Monday, May 4, 2009

Closing Out

Well, it seems my experiment with food blogging has gone awry. The good news is that I have a few other food blogs to share in my final post.

First is my favourite food blog, 101 Cookbooks. This blog is by Heidi Swanson, a photographer and vegetarian cook. Check out her beautiful and delicious blog. I've made several dishes that were inspired by recipes on her site, and I think you'll enjoy it.

Next is my friend the Fabric Engineer. Her blog is called Eating for $3.70 a Day and she has great ideas for simple, healthy meals to cook, focusing on cooking for one person, too.

Finally, this is a blog I only recently started reading. It's called Vegan Yum Yum. I am not a vegan; but I find many of the recipes interesting all the same.

Let me close with a few pictures I took a while ago with the intention to post. One is a brussels sprouts dish with sesame seeds, and another is toasty tempeh in the pan.





Enjoy, and keep an eye out for my next blog venture, which I think is going to be something more near and dear to my heart even than food.

3 comments:

Valerie S. said...

Awww, you can't close this! I've been waiting for you to update and share more good recipes with me! Of course, now I'm excited to see what you'll find to talk about next, so whatever works for you. I thought those brussels sprouts looked pretty good. I love them, and I've had these black sesame seeds in my pantry that I've never opened, and I'm dying to find an excuse to use them.

Beverly said...

Yeah, sorry Valerie (and all!) I couldn't believe it had been so long since I posted!

Sesame seeds are great with all kinds of things. They're good on veggies, in rice, on pizza. No really, even pizza!

Credit Loan Solution said...



My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)